Freedom to Travel USA and We Won’t Fly are banding together to support air travelers and lobby against attacks, by the TSA, on the rights of both American and non-American air travelers in the US. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) illegally rolled out Nude Body Scanners without public comment, as ruled by the Washington D.C. Circuit Federal Appeals Court, based on a lawsuit filed by EPIC.
The TSA is now forced to retroactively take Public Comments on a proposed rule to allow the TSA to officially use Nude Body Scanners, which inherently include “pat down” procedures that absolutely force one to potentially be touched on the genitals, breasts, and buttocks.
Our coalition groups promoting the Public Comment are very concerned that forcing suspicionless inch-by-inch searches of travelers’ bodies destroys the 4th amendment through the most oppressive and intrusive search regimen ever perpetrated by the federal government. These unprecedented searches are estimated to be performed on 300 million+ travelers each year. Unlike other searches, such as legally approved metal detectors, the Nude Body Scanners cannot identify any “anomaly” found on the scans. They require a second intrusive search to identify what, if anything real, was “detected”. It could be sweat, scars, skin folds, a “ghost” false positive, or a private medical condition or device.
The Nude Body Scanners lead to many abuses of innocent Americans, including:
- False positives (estimated to be 21 million+ Americans a year) result in a potential coercive “pat down”, which is unwanted touching of genitals, breasts, and buttocks. These “pat downs” would be criminal violations in all 50 states in any other situation.
- People with medical devices are PROFILED by the TSA, as their medical conditions are revealed by Nude Body Scanners, which invades privacy and leads to criminal touching pat downs.
- Women seem more susceptible to further criminal touching after a Nude Body Scan, with several reported cases of mastectomy patients’ scars and prosthetic breasts leading to privacy invasions and humiliation
WHAT YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW!
- CLICK the link at the top or bottom of this page to open up the official COMMENT web site.
- THE ONLY REQUIRED FIELD is the 2,000 character comment field. Fill it In!
- WE RECOMMEND you consider leaving your First Name and Last Name, which will show up on the site. It adds legitimacy to your comment, but your name is NOT required to post a comment.